The 2014 Australian Export Awards recognise high performing businesses in Australia who are driving International trade in a number of dynamic industries. On Thursday 23rdOctober, Australia’s premier exporters gathered at Doltone House in Sydney to celebrate this year’s Export Awards. Hosted by the Export Council of Australia, Trade and Investment NSW and the 2014 Premier’s NSW Export Award partners the night was one to remember.
This year’s finalists included a range of businesses from various industries and locations across Australia; each having made a significant contribution to Australia’s international business success. Each of the finalists demonstrated strong leadership in an increasingly complex and challenging international landscape, growing Australia’s presence as a world-leading exporter.
“On behalf of the Export Council of Australia, I would like to congratulate all finalists and winners of each of the National Awards categories for 2014. The winners were selected from a strong group of finalists who are doing exceptional things in International business. Each of the finalists has shown perseverance and tenacity, and we are excited to see them develop in years to come. The 52ndPremier's NSW Export Awards winners all deserve our highest praise, and heartfelt thanks.” – Lisa McAuley, Chief Operating Officer – Export Council of Australia.
Congratulations to the following 12 winners for their outstanding international success in their respective categories:
- SunRice – Agribusiness Award
- Shoes of Prey – Online Sales Award
- SLR Productions – Creative Industries Award
- University of Western Sydney – Education & Training Award
- TTG Transportation Technology Environmental Solutions Award
- Wargaming Australia – Information and Communication Technology Award
- RØDE Microphones – Manufacturing Award
- Health Projects International – Health & Biotechnology Award
- WEARX – Minerals, Energy & Related Services Award
- Bega Cheese – Regional Exporter Award
- Turbosmart – Small Business Award
- RØDE Microphones – Premier's NSW Exporter of the Year Award
‘As long-term organiser of the awards, the Export Council of Australia would like to thank the exporting community for their commitment to this highly regarded program. We are inspired and encouraged by their resilience, passion, dedication and international success.’ Lisa McAuley, Chief Operating Officer – Export Council of Australia.
The company profiles of the national winners have been provided below:
SunRice is one of the largest rice food companies in the world and one of Australia’s leading branded food exporters, supplying high quality and innovative rice food products worldwide. SunRice supply domestic markets and approximately 60 countries with diverse and nutritious products, from table rice, flour and snacks and companion animal and livestock products.
Shoes of Prey (www.shoesofprey.com)
Shoes of Prey is an innovative online (and offline) retailer allowing women around the world the opportunity to design their own shoes. Shoes of Prey’s vision is to disrupt and improve the way shoes are manufactured and sold by allowing every women to have their perfect pair of shoes.
SLR Productions (www.slrproductions.com)
SLR Productions is one of Australia’s multi award winning children’s entertainment companies, specialising in the creative development and production of world class media content. SLR is recognised for creating successful brands such as adventure drama Sam Fox: Extreme Adventures & the internationally acclaimed Guess How Much I love you.
University of Western Sydney (www.uws.edu.au)
Celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2014, the University of Western Sydney (UWS) is a large, research-led metropolitan university operating over multiple teaching campuses in Greater Western Sydney, one of the fastest growing, economically significant and most dynamic regions in Australia.
TTG Transportation Technology (www.ttgtransportationtechnology.com)
TTG Transportation Technology was formed in 2007 and has been exporting the Energymiser® Driver Advisory System technology over the last 5 years. TTG is recognized as a global leader in the field of energy optimisation and has representation and projects in the UK and Europe, Asia Pacific and West Africa.
Wargaming Australia is the developer of a unique software product, Bigworld Technology – that is the platform for online games connecting over 100 million players around the world. Wargaming prides itself on holding the Guiness World Record 2013 for achieving the greatest number of players simultaneously on the same server.
RØDE Microphones (www.rodemic.com)
RØDE designs and manufactures microphones and related accessories for use in live, location, studio and mobile applications for consumers through to professional customers which are then exported the world over.
Health Projects International (www.hpi.net.au)
HPI has 20 years experience in the Health Planning and Design industry, with core markets in Australia, Asia and the Middle East; they have also participated in 20 other countries since 2008. HPI’s services to government health bodies, investment corporations and healthcare providers bring access to quality health services to patients around the world.
WEARX delivers wear solutions to mining and mineral processing operations.This involves understanding the unique needs of an operation and designing, manufacturing and implementing a solution that will improve safety, reduce costs, reduce downtime and make higher levels of mineral processing available.
Bega Cheese (www.begacheese.com.au)
Over the past 11 decades, the Bega Cheese group has grown from a small dairy cooperative in NSW to become a successful regional manufacturing company and major Australian food exporter. Bega manufacturers and supplies consumer cheese, infant formulas, nutritionals and cream cheese to over 50 countries worldwide.
Turbosmart is an Australian manufacturer and exporter of automotive engine parts and accessories produced specifically for turbocharged cars. Turbosmart manufacturer’s turbocharger compressors and engine accessories, which facilitate high speed and power in car engines. Turbosmart exports to over 50 different countries in regions including Asia, Oceania and Africa whilst having subsidiaries in the USA and UK.
M: 0430 172458
B: 02 8243 7410
- Agribusiness: SunRice and Highly Commended: JBS Australia
- Online Sales:Shoes of Prey
- Creative Industries: SLR Productions
- Education and Training: University of Western Sydney and Highly Commended: Australian Institute of Professional Education
- Environmental Solutions: TTG Transportation Technology and Highly Commended: The Smith Family Recycling Operation
- Information and Communication Technology: Wargaming Australia and Highly Commended: ManageFlitter
- Manufacturing: RØDE Microphones and Higly Commended: Auto-Bake
- Health and Biotechnology: Health Projects International and Highly Commended: Blackmores
- Minerals, Energy and Related Services: WEARX
- Business Services: Servcorp
- Regional Exporter: Bega Cheese and Highly Commended: Atron Enterprises
- Small Business: Turbosmart and Highly Commended: PAFtec Australia
- NSW Asian Exporter: Sanitarium Health and Wellness
- NSW Export Scholarship: Glide Free Design
- NSW Emerging Exporter: Big Ice Cream
- NSW Innovation in Export: Flavourtech
- Western Sydney Exporter: Dark Purple
- Hunter/ Central Coast Exporter: Starena Australia
NSW Exporter of the Year: RØDE Microphones