Australia’s International Business Survey (AIBS) clearly showed that theUnited States is the number one market in which Australian businesses would like to operate. TheUSA is the world’s largest economy, and Australia’s second largest services export market, with services exports of over $5 billion dollars annually. TheUSA is our third largest two-way trading partner, and our largest foreign investor. The AUSFTA, in place since 2005, specifically locks in access to US markets for Australian service providers and includes a framework to promote the mutual recognition of professional services.
The AIIA Exporter Club – in association with the Export Council of Australia (ECA) and supported by the Department of State Development, Business and Innovation (DSDBI) – is delighted to present a panel discussion on doing business in the USA.
In a lively discussion, moderated by George Discala, DSDBI’s Director Trade Engagement Americas, our experts will tackle questions around:
- The practicalities of doing business in and with the US
- Hints and watchpoints
- The AUSFTA 10 years on and its implications for the ICT sector
- Date: 11 December
- Time: 3pm to 5pm
- Venue: Investment Centre Victoria, Level 46, 55 Collins St, Melbourne
COST & REGISTRATION:
- There is no cost to attend this event, but space is limited and pre-registration is essential.
- Register online at: http://www.aiia.com.au/events/event_details.asp?id=531058&group=