The Export Council of Australia (ECA) is please to recognise the Queensland Export Award winners announced at one of Brisbane’s most prestigious presentation events - the Premier of Queensland’s Export Awards. The Awards recognise Queensland companies for their contribution to the state and national economy.
As a leading advocate for international trade, the ECA, in conjunction with Trade & Investment Queensland, were honoured to manage this state wide competition where nominees secure their reputation on the world stage.
Chief Executive Officer of the ECA Lisa McAuley said given the announcement this week on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), acknowledging exporters is vital in building awareness of new market opportunities available to business owners. We are seeing more and more new companies that are exporting their goods and services with excellent results.
“Queensland exporters have a positive future ahead in terms of trade. Given the recent signing of the North Asia Free Trade Agreements (FTA’s) and the conclusion of TPP negotiations, now is the time to focus on how we can help build on Australia’s trade capabilities and encourage more companies to look at the global opportunities that are opening up,” Ms McAuley said.
More than 70 applicants vied to win the 12 industry specific categories and the three state based awards that recognise emerging exporters, leadership and innovation, and export excellence across Greater China.
In a room abuzz with excitement, more than 500 guests witnessed family owned Packer Leather take out the coveted Premier of Queensland’s Exporter of the Year Award.
The Premier of Queensland’s Export Awards program would not be possible without the ongoing support of its loyal sponsors. Please join us in congratulating the 2015 winners:
- Agribusiness: Packer Leather
- Creative Industry: Alt.vfx
- Education & Training: ORIGO Education
- Environmental Solutions: FarmscanAG
- Information and Communication Technology: Opmantek
- Online Sales: Halfbrick
- Manufacturing: Digga Australia
- Health & Biotechnology: Cook Medical
- Minerals and Energy: Blast Movement Technologies
- Business Services: Ferra Engineering
- Regional Exporter: MDH
- Small Business: Evolve Skate Boards
- Dermot McManus: Opmantek
- Richard Joel: Tritium
- Tom Burns: Queensland Food Corporation
- Premier of Queensland Export of the Year: Packer Leather