Australia has recently signed three free trade agreements with Japan, South Korea and China. These agreements lower tariffs but still leave market entry questions unanswered for many businesses.
The challenge is how to capitalise on these market opportunities and broaden Australia’s export base.
Recent research including Australia’s International Business Survey (AIBS) and the Advancing Trade Development report, have identified that the case for trade development has never been stronger.
Now is the time for Australia to focus on building opportunities to diversify our export base.
Please join us to discuss the Global Business Opportunities for NSW companies as we deliver valuable insights into NSW international activity from the AIBS survey, and an economic panel on future trade and investment opportunities for NSW businesses moderated by Lisa McAuley, CEO - Export Council of Australia. Panelists include:
- Paul Bloxham, Chief Economist- HSBC
- Divya Skene, Economist - Austrade
- Cassandra Winzenried, Senior Economist - Efic
You will also hear from company case studies who will share their international business experience and the opportunities they have encountered.
At this breakfast event you will be able to discuss international market opportunities for NSW companies directly with NSW Trade & Investment commissioners:
- Cher Jones, Trade & Investment Commissioner – South China & Hong Kong
- Laki Kondylas, Trade & Investment Commissioner – North America
- Moin Anwar, Trade & Investment Commissioner – Middle East
- Rohit Manchanda, Trade & Investment Commissioner – India
- Tony Zhang, Trade & Investment Commissioner – North and East China
- Geoff Walker, Trade & Investment Commissioner – Japan
- Yoojin Kim, Director NSW Trade & Investment (Austrade) – Korea
- Mercy Simorangkir, Director NSW Trade & Investment (Austrade) – Indonesia
- Cherriyln Neo, Director NSW Trade & Investment (Austrade) – Singapore
- Reuben Foong, Director NSW Trade & Investment (Austrade) – Malaysia
- Keirra Smith, Director NSW Trade & Investment (Austrade) – UK
Date: Wednesday 25 November
Time: 7:30am to 9.00am
Venue: The Westin Hotel, 1 Martin Place - Ballroom 1
Registration: please register online at: http://www.export.org.au/BookingRetrieve.aspx?ID=190634
There is no charge to attend this event, but space is strictly limited and pre-registration is essential.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 8243 7490.