It doesn’t matter if you are importing the smallest component or the finished product, to be efficient and profitable the process must be correctly managed. Become a confident importer with a sustainable import business. Equip your staff with practical solutions, and the course will be a return on your investment for the future.
- Understand the Trade Life Cycle and how it relates to your import business
- Learn how to develop an import plan
- Australian import requirements- cutting through the red tape
- Terms of trade- what are Incoterms and why are they important?
- Import Documentation- what are the requirements for importing?
- What problems can be experienced when preparing import documentation?
- How to manage your import risks- what types of Insurance can protect your imports?
- What is the role of a freight forwarder and how can they help your import business?
The one day course is ideal for anyone who:
- Requires a practical understanding of the import process
- Prepares the import documentation and certification for the company
- Is involved in the negotiations with overseas suppliers Is interested in International Business
What is involved?
- Our Trainers are industry experts in international trade, and/or relevant professions, providing a desirable blend of theory and practice. They are experienced practitioners who focus on providing practical information and relevant case studies. Biographical details of our trainers are available on request.
- The one day course involves a strong mix of interactive discussions as well as formal instruction. The trainers draw on real case studies and practical examples, so that you feel comfortable applying the techniques you have learned to your business
All participants will receive:
- The Australian Import Handbook
- Course notes folder with copies of presentations and support material
- Examples of import documentation
- Incoterms Quick Reference Chart
- Participants are provided with notepads and pens
- Certificate of attendance
Course dates and locations
Courses are run on a regular basis in: Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.
How to apply for the course
REGISTER: To register for the import procedures and documentation course, please click here
For further information regarding this course please contact the Australian Institute of Export on 1300 361 526or e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your State Manager.
Date: 9th December 2015
Duration: 1 day
Times: 9am til 5pm
ENROL:Please fill out the booking form below to finalise your booking. You can allocate up to 10 people per booking. For further information or assistance, please call 1300 361 526 FREE or email us at email@example.com. Are you an AIEx/ ECA Member? If so please login to receive your members discount and make your booking process easier.