The Korea Australia Free Trade Agreement (KAFTA) levels the playing field with our international competitors in Korea, Australia’s fourth largest trading partner. It provides a foundation for Australian exporters to expand their engagement and access new opportunities in the Korean services sector.
In our Demystifying Korea report, we explore how KAFTA unlocks new opportunities for Australian service exporters, an important achievement considering our services trade with Korea trails our trade in goods by a wide margin. KAFTA allows Australia service exporters to compete with service providers from around the world on an even keel – especially those from the US, Canada and the EU, who all enjoy their own FTAs with Korea.
The Export Council of Australia (ECA) encourages greater Australian engagement in the Korean services sector, and our report is aimed at providing business with a resource to help understand both the opportunity, as well as the challenges they may face along the way.
Our Demystifying Korea report includes:
• An overview of Korea’s services sector, as well as some of the challenges to be aware of in being a foreign service provider in the market;
• Commentary from the field and advice on both challenges and opportunities in the market from businesses operating there.
Who would benefit from this publication?
• CEOs and Directors
• International Business Development Managers
• Government bodies
• Industry professionals
• Academics and students
- If you are accessing this on an Apple device, the app can be downloaded here.
- If you are accessing this on an Android device, the app can be downloaded here
This report was made possible by our partners the Australia-Korea Foundation and Austrade.
• Publisher: Export Council of Australia
• Publication date: December 2015
No responsibility whatsoever can be accepted by the publishers, editor, researchers or any other person or company involved in the preparation of this publication for accuracy or usefulness of any information contained therein. Any consequential loss or damage suffered as a result of reliance on this information is the sole responsibility of the user. No warranty, express or implied, is given and no legal responsibility is assumed by the ECA, its servants or contractors.