Stage 2: Export Process - Understanding the Nuts and Bolts
Understanding and managing freight and logistics costs are critical to enhancing competitiveness in global markets and increasing your profitability.
This one day interactive workshop will cover VITAL areas that companies need to understand including:
- Incoterms® 2010
- Trade terminology explained
- Common freight costs
- Choosing the right freight forwarder
- Marine insurance for air and sea cargo
- The supply chain as a Unique Value Proposition (UVP)
Who should attend?
This one day workshop is a practical one day interactive course. It is designed specifically for those managing the import and export process as well as business owners.
Key Topics - Managing Your International Freight Risks
This practical one day interactive workshop will cover:
This module will take companies through how the Incoterms® rules work in conjunction with other contracts and also answers questions such as:
- What are the Incoterms® rules and what can they do for me?
- How do I reference Incoterms® 2010 in a contract of sale, insurance or payment?
- What are the main differences between Incoterms® 2000 and Incoterms® 2010?
- What is the most efficient rule for which mode of transport?
Common freight costs: We all know that when we receive a quote from a freight forwarder it can be a bit “double dutch”. This module will help companies to understand how to make sense of it all and understand some of the more obscure charges and why you need to keep an eye on them. The module will also help companies understand how they can compare different quotes from different forwarders? Companies can bring along examples of quotes they have received as part of the workshop and our expert will use these as live case study examples to help you understand your quotes.
Choosing the right freight forwarder: Choosing the right service provider is vital for any company and sometimes you need to shop around to find one that provides a quality service. Selecting a freight forwarder just on pricing may not be the best solution for your company. This module will take companies through the key considerations when you are looking for a new freight forwarder.
Marine insurance for air and sea cargo: Why you need marine insurance, types of policy should you be using, and how can you obtain marine insurance.
Who should attend?
This one day workshop is a practical interactive course. It is designed specifically for those managing the import and export process as well as business owners.
What is involved?
All participants will receive:
- Workshop folder and resource kit
- Certificate of attendance
- Brisbane – Wednesday 4 May. Register here >
- Sydney – Wednesday 11 May. Register here >
- Melbourne – Thursday 19 May. Register here >
- Perth – Tuesday 7 June. Register here >
For further information regarding this course please contact the Australian Institute of Export on 1300 361 526 or e-mail: email@example.com or contact your State Manager.