There are many opportunities for companies and individuals to profit through importing. No matter what you are importing, you need to make sure you fully understand the import process, the rules and regulations of customs and duty, import permits, quarantine, prohibited and restricted goods requirements. Having the skills and knowledge in import procedures is vital for any import company – it’s your money and your product that is at risk.
- Understand the Trade Life Cycle and how it relates to your import business
- Learn how to develop an import plan
- Australian import requirements - cutting through the red tape
- Terms of trade - what are Incoterms and why are they important?
- Import documentation - what are the requirements for importing?
- What problems can be experienced when preparing import documentation?
- How to manage your import risks - what types of insurance can protect your imports?
- What is the role of a freight forwarder and how can they help your import business?
Who should attend:
The one day import procedures workshop is relevant to companies and people currently importing or businesses considering or beginning to import. The workshop is ideal for anyone who:
- Requires a practical understanding of the import process
- Prepares the import documentation and certification for the company
- Is involved in the negotiations with overseas suppliers
- Is interested in international trade
At the workshop, participants will receive:
- Workshop folder with support material
- Examples of import documentation
- Incoterms Quick Reference Chart
- Certificate of attendance
Dates and registration:
Don't miss out - numbers are limited so register now to secure your place in an Import Procedures and Documentation Course!