- Are you an entrepreneur looking to start importing into Australia- but you just don’t know where to start?
- Are you an importer looking to streamline your process and eliminate areas of risk?
- Do you know how to move your product through Australian Customs?
- Do you want to source from new suppliers and new markets?
There are many opportunities for companies and individuals to profit through importing. No matter what you are importing, you need to make sure you fully understand the import process, the rules and regulations of customs & duty, import permits, quarantine, prohibited and restricted goods and banking and finance requirements.
As you can see having the skills and knowledge in import procedures is vital for any import company. It’s your money and your product that is at risk. Before you get going- get educated.
Key Topics include:
- Understand the Trade Life Cycle and how it relates to your import business
- Learn how to develop an import plan
- Australian import requirements- cutting through the red tape
- Terms of trade- what are Incoterms and why are they important?
- Import Documentation- what are the requirements for importing?
- What problems can be experienced when preparing import documentation?
- How to manage your import risks- what types of Insurance can protect your imports?
- What is the role of a freight forwarder and how can they help your import business?
Who should attend? The one day import procedures course is tailored for anyone involved in International Trade and is relevant to companies and people currently importing or businesses considering or beginning to import.