The Export Council of Australia (ECA)
The ECA is the peak export body in Australia, with a focus on the SME sector. For more than 50 years, the ECA has provided practical education and training, recognition, advice and advocacy to the Australian export community.
About the Business Unit
The ECA is a Not-for-Profit organisation that is owned by its members and steered by a Board and National Council of Industry specialists, it has the development of Australia’s resources, via the promotion of Australian industry in international markets, as its primary goal. The ECA is proud to represent all exporters, regardless of size or location.
About the Role
A fantastic opportunity exists to join the ECA as an Events and Communications Officer to support the delivery of Queensland’s most prestigious export recognition program. The event and communications team is responsible for all aspects of developing and implementation of the program, including communication strategy, community engagement, media management, event management and the roll out of education activities for the Council.
Working as part of a small dynamic team, the Senior Events and Commination’s Officer will also contribute to building key stakeholder relationships and developing communications material on deadline and within budget.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Planning and support for the delivery of several high-level events from inception to completion
- Coordination of on-site operational activities at events
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Negotiating supplier contracts and ensuring fulfilment
- Hosting and supporting key talent for various events
- Administrative and budget monitoring activities
- Various tasks as directed and required
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5-7 years Event Management / Project Management experience
- Confidence in using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with database and electronic direct mail
- A passion for organising events and flexibility to run to tight deadlines
- Professional demeanour, confident, resourceful, organised and result-driven
- Able to multi-task, work under pressure and achieve deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously when required
- Excellent written, communication and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Background experience in international business/ international trade would be a bonus
- Tertiary Qualifications in Event Management, Marketing, Communications or a related discipline
If you are interested in applying for this position, contact Richelle Ward for a copy of the Job Description:
Special Projects & Media Manager
Export Council of Australia
Level 10, 1 William Street, Brisbane 4000
t: 07 3514 3134
m: 0414 290 526