The Export Council of Australia (ECA) in collaboration with Trade & Investment Queensland (TIQ) are delighted to present an event for prospective and established exporters who are looking to expand their business operations and connect into ASEAN.
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), with a collective GDP of USD 2.5 trillion, a population exceeding 600 million, and a strategic location at the crossroads of Australia, China and India, is a AUD 100 billion trading market for Australia.
Increasing regional connectivity is gradually lowering what barriers remain to trade and investment in the region, and allows Australia to build on the already strong commercial foundation we have in place with ASEAN.
Given that ASEAN is sitting right on our doorstop and is a market of huge opportunity for Australia, NOW is the time for companies to capitalise on the business opportunities across the region!
The event aims to foster Australian and ASEAN business relations and exports for SMEs.
You’ll have the opportunity to meet a range of government agencies, experts on the ASEAN market, and suppliers who can provide solutions to your expansion needs into the market.
- Opportunities for Australian companies across ASEAN
- Understanding the regional market culture
- High level overview of legal & tax issues across each country
- Accessing finance to pursue the ASEAN opportunity
- Which countries in ASEAN will provide the easiest pathway for licensing and approvals for import and navigating customs
- Useful contacts across the region
The session will be followed by networking where you can connect one-on-one with all our experts.
Why you should attend this event you will:
- Expand your knowledge base on the opportunities of doing business in the various ASEAN countries
- Make valuable connections that will set you on the path to export success
- Explore ASEAN opportunities available
- Network with other Australian entrepreneurs
You’ll also learn more about our states most prestigious exporting program the Premier of Queensland’s Export Awards.
All attendees will receive four FREE newly created Toolkits to assist Australian companies with navigating the ASEAN FTA network. Proudly developed by the ECA, with the support of HSBC Australia, these practical guides will be delivered to your inbox after the event!!
These events are an absolute must for all exporters, established and emerging, to learn important facts about international trade and to network with industry peers.
Spaces are strictly limited so please complete the registration form below to avoid disappointment!
Date: 07 June 2017
Time: 11:00am - 1:00pm
Venue: TAFE North, J Block J102, Gatton Street, Manunda
RSVP: 02 June 2017
Light lunch will be served.
To register to attend this FREE event, please click HERE.